<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Orthorexia Nervosa:

"I pursued wellness through healthy eating for years, but gradually I began to sense that something was going wrong. The poetry of my life was disappearing. My ability to carry on normal conversations was hindered by intrusive thoughts of food. The need to obtain meals free of meat, fat, and artificial chemicals had put nearly all social forms of eating beyond my reach. I was lonely and obsessed.

"I was eventually saved from the doom of eternal health-food addiction.... when my guru in eating--a vegan headed toward fruitarianism--suddenly abandoned his quest. 'A revelation came to me last night in a dream,' he said. 'Rather than eat my sprouts alone, it would be better for me to share a pizza with some friends.'"

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?